Traveling is a fun part of any person’s life, especially if they have been busy throughout the year and didn’t get a chance to go for a holiday, therefore it’s best to pack your bags at the end of the year because we are going to take you through the scenery of some of the famous locations of the US which will enrich your traveling experience, so fasten your seat belts and be a part of this rollercoaster ride.
The list is endless so we chose few of our favorite destinations for your convenience
1) Napa, California
Nathan Coombs founded The City of Napa in 1847 and it is the house of famous personalities like Larry Allen, Jerry Bohlander, Phil Bonifield, Cristina Garcia, Olivia O’Brien, Donny Robinson, Josh Jackson etc. Anyone who visits Napa will automatically get a vintage feel during their visit. One of the best vacation ideas for couples is that the place has got a pleasant market and the vintage railway that will give travelers a taste of the wine made there. If a clichéd term can be used for Napa then it is a ‘hidden gem.’
2) The Caribbean
If your passport is already ready then the trip to the Caribbean is only a flight away. Everything, including your meals, drinks, snacks and entertainment come under the same rate, which is a kind of an ideal vacation spot for couples on a budget. The Caribbean is also a home to islands and beaches and some of the scenic islands of the Caribbean are:-
- Antigua, best for those who cannot stay for long at one place.
- Aruba, whose beaches are ideal for those who like to lounge on a beach 24*7.
- Barbados, the waves over here are perfect for those who like to indulge in outdoor activities, especially surfing or windsurfing.
3) New York
If you have never been to New York then I guarantee you that one visit and you’ll start falling in love with the city. If you’re among those who are visiting New York for the first time then make sure to visit:-
- Times Square:- a famous tourist destination located in the midtown Manhattan section of New York City, spread across West 42nd to West 47th Streets, and is popularly known as “The Crossroads of the World”, “the Heart of The Great White Way” etc.
- Statue of Liberty:- It was designed by a French sculptor named Frederic Auguste Bartholdi and built by Gustav Eiffel and its height is approximately 93 meters from the ground level.
- Central Park:- another famous tourist destination located in Manhattan New York City, and is the fifth largest park in New York City, covering an area of approximately 843 acres.
These are among the most scenic vacation places to visit in New York and are the ideal tourist spots in New York for me.
Boston holds a special place in the hearts of all the citizens of the US because it is one of the oldest cities of the country, founded in 1630. It is considered an international center of education, mainly for law, medicine, engineering, and business. The Boston Globe and the Boston Herald are the city’s two major daily newspapers. It is world famous for Harvard University, which was established in 1936 and named for its first benefactor, clergyman John Harvard and comprises of about 6,700 undergraduate students and about 15,250 post graduate students. Harvard’s alumni boasts of eight US Presidents and students and alumni of Harvard have won 10 Academy Awards, 48 Pulitzer Prizes, and 108 Olympic medals. Also make sure to get a taste of Boston cream pie while you’re in Boston and all of this makes for an ideal vacation in the US.
5) Monterey, California
An ideal summer vacation idea for 2018 is Monterey in California because this is where you’ll get to see a variety of marine life up close with a jellyfish exhibition and blue or grey whales being the center of attraction. The city boasts of having the first theater, publicly funded school, printing press, and newspaper in the whole of the United States. It was also called the hub of artists until the 1950s. Also the place is currently famous for its food like the pizza available at the waterfront Taste of Monterey. The most notable attractions of Monterey in the present day are:-
- Monterey Bay Aquarium:- whose regional focus is on marine habitats of Marina Bay and the number of people that visit it is around two million.
- Cannery Row:- the waterfront street found a mention in the novels titled Cannery Roy and Sweet Thursday, which were also adapted into a single film titled Cannery Roy.
- Fisherman’s Wharf:- it is technically known as The Old Fisherman’s Wharf. It was basically built for the loading and unloading of passengers and goods.
- Monterey Jazz Festival:- It is the hub for music enthusiasts and musicals as it has five hundred jazz artists who perform on nine stages spread throughout the Monterey County Fairgrounds, located at Fairground Road in Monterey, California.
6) Big Island, Hawaii
The island is popularly known as the island of Hawaii, the Big Island, or Hawaii island. It is a chain of volcanic islands in the North Pacific Ocean and is the largest island in the United States. You will get to see colorful tropical fish and Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles in the Pacific Ocean and you’ll feel like you have literally reached paradise on earth.
7) Las Vegas
Las Vegas is the 28th most populated city in the United States. It is one of the world’s most visited tourist destinations. Not just that, the city is a hub for adult entertainment and has earned itself the name of Sin City, and has been extensively a part of literature, films, music videos, and television programs. Las Vegas is world famous for its casinos where most people go to try their luck. But Las Vegas does not only have casinos; it has blockbuster shows, world-class shopping, and top-notch restaurants, and all of this makes it a city like an oasis in a desert. There is a famous saying in Las Vegas that ‘what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.’